Module 1: Every Believer a Soul Winner
1. Why Win Souls?
- God has commanded us. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- The task is huge requiring the help of everyone. (2 Peter 3:9, 1 Timothy 2:3-4).
2. How To Be a Soul Winner
- Must know how to present a personal testimony. (Revelation 12:11)
- Must be able to present a simple Gospel presentation.
3. Personal Testimony Training
- Model/share your own testimony in 3 minutes or less.
- Have each participant write down their testimony as simple as possible in a half sheet of paper. Encourage them that you will help. Testimony should include:
- heir life before Christ (do not over-emphasize old life)
- how they came to surrender their life to Christ
- their new life after coming to Christ (emphasize God’s transforming power)
- Check/review written testimonies of those participants you think need help.
- Have each of them read their testimony to themselves in a loud voice 5 times.
- Have the group divide themselves into pairs of 2 and let them practice telling their testimony to each other. Let them do this at least 3 times. Switch partners each time. Encourage them to help each other improve their testimony.
- If you have time, have each of them tell their testimony in front of the group. Encourage the giving of feedback to improve their delivery.
4. Gospel Presentation and Sinner’s Prayer Training
- Model a presentation of the Gospel. Use a simple tool like the “Evangecube” or “Evange-paper” as a model.
- Model the sinner’s prayer. A simple way to teach the sinner’s prayer is to remember these three key points:
- Admit that you are a sinner and need forgiveness.
- Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the cross and rose from the grave to bring you to God.
- Confess that Jesus Christ is the only way to God, and commit to live for Him the rest of your life.
- An example would be: “Dear God, I know I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. I believe that You sent Jesus to die on the cross for my sins and that He rose from the grave to give me life. Please forgive me and change me. I surrender my life to You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
- Do the Gospel presentation and the sinner’s prayer together at least 3 times to ensure that everyone understands and remembers the whole presentation.
- Pair them into groups of 2 and have them practice the Gospel presentation and sinner’s prayer with each other. Let them do this at least 3 times, Switch partners each time. Encourage them to give feedback to improve their presentation.
- Have each of them present the Gospel in front of the group. Encourage feedback as they do this.
5. Practice Testimony, Gospel Presentation and Sinner’s Prayer Altogether Note:
- The total presentation should not exceed 10 minutes.
- Model the whole presentation once. In pairs of 2, have them practice the presentation of their testimony, the Gospel and the sinner’s prayer together. Let them do this at least 3 times. Switch partners each time.
6. Identify Target People There are 2 ways to do this:
- Territorial mapping — Identify nearby villages that do not have a church and make this your target area. You can organize ministry teams and events to reach out to these villages.
- Circle of Influence — Have each participant pray and write 25 names of unbelievers who belong to their circle of influence: family members, friends, neighbors, co-workers, schoolmates. Have them pray and ask God for 5 names from their list whom they can witness to that week using what they have just learned and practiced. Also encourage them to pray for the person that they are planning to witness to before the actual visit and offer prayers for that person’s needs, regardless whether he/she accepts the Gospel or not.
7.Commissioning Pray for them and commission them to do their commitment.
- Teach on the need to be equipped with the power of the Holy Spirit before they go. (Luke 24:47- 49; Acts 1:8)
- Lay hands on them for them to receive the power to witness.
- Send them out to witness as:
- Pairs of 2 (Luke 10:2)
- Ministry teams (Acts 11:20; Acts 13:13)
- Individuals (Acts 8:5; Acts 8:26)